Okay, this dream recall thing is strange. Do you have it down or do you still find them sliding away in the morning like they never happened at all?
This week I have played with a variety of techniques and have found a few to be helpful. So, I thought I would share them with you. If you have any others, please feel free to mention them.
Steps for Recalling Dreams
- When you awaken from a dream, do not turn over. This apparently causes the mind to also turn away from the dream. I cannot find the direct citation for this, but know it was in some Association for Research and Enlightenment materials.
- Play the dream back in your mind immediately. Do not let other thoughts get in the way of this.
- Playing the dream back should be the first thing you think about before anything else. Keep the mind focused. I sort of put this in here twice because it is key to the process.
- Write down the dream immediately. More will probably be recalled as you write the dream down.
- Do not stress out about it. The more you try it, the easier it becomes (so they say).